Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:05:07
Subject: Re: moped tuning
From: Sycho Racer

>A little question: are there any persons on the list that are tuning/racing
>their mopeds?
>Because I am really into tuning mopeds, I have a Honda Pa50 that I am
>tuning, still needs some perfection but it already goes about 110 km km/h.
>So if anybody has suggestions, comments or questions (like the nitro-thing)
>let me know...
> -----Nitro.....ahhh my favorite word. So far I've dropped 2 oz of 10%
Nitromethane in my derbi 50cc. Noticed modest improvement and have shyed
away from adding more, since mixing gasoline and nitromethane can
be.....shall we say bad for you/your bikes health. You're essentially
(pardon the pun) playing with fire. Nitropropane is 'safer' as it is lok to
mix it with gasoline but you've gotta get a cooler spark plug and you MUST
increase carb jet 4-6 sizes....

It would probably be a good idea to have a bigger header/exhaust to get rid
of the excess gases produced....

-----I'll have all of the above on my bike by the weekend.....e-mail me if
you want results.