Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:33:31
Subject: Horsepower Restrictor
From: Dave@tcon.net

Does anyone know of a way to switch the horsepower rating of a scooter
engine on the fly? Or, switch the max speed?

What I am interested in is installing a switch that will restrict the
speed of my scooter to 30 MPH without having to install different pipes
or restrictor plates.

The way that I am thinking right now is some way to put a valve on the
exhaust pipe to restict the air flow output.

I have a Derbi Predator and it comes with a small restricted pipe on the
scooter when you get it. You then use the bigger pipe to get the full
7HP out of it.

Help!

Dave@tcon.net