Web moped2.org

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:37:08
Subject: Re: Need help putting 1984 Tomos back together
From: Hans Hartman

Hello Greg and rest of the mopedeers,

At 19:26 18-6-00 -0700, you wrote:

> After a long hiatus, I'll finally getting around to putting this back
>together. Thing is, I forget how it came apart! Does anyone have a
>manual they could copy for me? I'm particularily stymied on the swingarm.
>There is slop from side to side at the pivot. Am I missing a shim?

I think you might miss one or more of the bearing bushes.
When I have a moment to spare, I'll digitise the workshopmanual and the
partsbooks I own, and maybe make an online manual or a web-based manual on CD.
In the meantime, you can download the following pictures at:

https://www.idrive.com/hans_hartman

GR14.JPG picture of frame.
GR15.JPG picture of swingarm.

If you look at GR14, there are two bushes (#2) which are pressed into your
frame, these could be worn.
The long bush (#6 in GR15) fits into these, or perhaps that one is missing?

Cheers,

Hans Hartman