Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:47:48
Subject: Re: mopedeers arrested in Pennsylvania ( LEGAL/ ILLEGAL MOPED
From: THOMAS KELLEY

Frank,AND ALL MOPED PEOPLE If the law says the speed limit for a moped
and/or the area speed limit is 25,and the "young riders"exceeded
that.what is the problem? A moped itself,depending on which State it is
in, has it's own speed limit,or it is no longer a moped if it can exceed
that speed.My law book says PA MOPED LIMIT is 25 MPH,even if riding in a
40 MPH area.A few States had no limits Hawaii,Indiana,and Maryland,a
few.MD says a moped is a bicycle and 1 HP limit.No thing else. I read
on here ,people have mopeds that will run 50 MPH or more with speed
equipment.but in the USA,the highest LEGAL speed limit is 30 MPH.So what
is the point?-------DO THE CRIME AND DO THE TIME.What bothers me about
the"15",it could draw attention to LEGAL moped owners and cause law
changes or worse.Please use .not abuse,our mopeds and or laws.