Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:27:42
Subject: Can anyone help me decide ?? Links provided
From: Michael Malone

Hey Guys,

As you may have seen some of my other posts, I am considering buying
some sort of moped, go-ped, solex, whatever the hell for getting
around Key West and the surrounding areas.

I am trying to decide what I should get, but I find it's not that easy
to decide, really. Some fold, some don't, some have to be registered
yearly as mopeds, some don't. Some have chain drive, some have
friction drive. Some go through tires like crazy, some don't. Some
only run while in motion, which sucks if you have to start and stop a
lot. I have been told that if any water builds up between the spindle
and the rear tire and the 'ped just won't go and a chain drive would
really be the way to go.

I have been considering the following

BigFoot --- Biggest Ped
http://www.goped.com/Products/Bigfoot/bigfoot.htm

You can get a Tow-Ped Trailer for it, too.
http://www.landsurfing.com/towped.html

26" beach cruiser bicycles mounted with 41cc engines
http://www.americansolex.com/Prod4.htm

Solex ( old classic) --- Registers as bicycle
http://www.americansolex.com/Prod1.htm

Powerscooter with 16 inch tires and optional trailer
http://www.tsipoweredsports.com/powerscooter.html

Mosquito DX Motorized Skateboard - Scooter (Chain drive and rear drum
brake) http://www.motorizedtoys.com/scooters.htm

Viper or Venom Viper below seem to have copied the go-ped and made
improvements on them: Auto clutch and "Chain Drive"

Viper or Venom Viper ( Supped up go-peds, sort of)
http://www.americansolex.com/Prod5.htm

Also, These Rocket Powered Roller Blades, with electronic ignition. I
just couldn't believe. http://www.motorizedtoys.com/motosk8.htm
No way, OJ.

Any advice would be helpful.

Michael