Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:04:10
Subject: Re: Can anyone help me decide ?? Links provided
From: HUNLEY31@aol.com

Michael,
Rocket Powered Roller Blades, be sure you have insurance. Anyway, if you
want dependable transportation stay away from friction drive. I'm sure it has
a purpose, I just can't think of any. Air tires are a must if your going over
any distance.
The toy motor scooters look like fun and according to my son, they are -
for a while. He has ridden them, but will not swap his 25yo moped for one.
they vibrate you too much. Do you think you can find parts in 5 years for the
scooters? If you want real transportation buy a moped, TOMAS is what is sold
around here. I gave my son a 1973 Batavus. Twenty-seven years old still runs,
starts first time. Rides in rain, dirt, grass, carry packages, real brakes,
lights, larger tires, suspension, I'll stop now but could go on. For around
the same money if you find a used one. A little more for new.
There seems to be some question about the legality of scooters on the
road, around here. I doubt, if they become popular the police will put up
with them competing with cars. Laws have already been written covering most
moped operations. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Now if your of age to
drive and have insurance money, that's another story. Please keep in mind
that all of this is only my opinion and I may change it before I read this
post. Ride Safe