Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:55:08
Subject: Re: ennvironmentally friendly mopeds
From: Michael Malone

I recently saw some 4-stroke motorized bicycles, so they do exist.

http://www.spydyrbyke.com/

The 2000 model Spydyr Byke Springer Special looks sharp.
http://www.spydyrbyke.com/_borders/spydyr_byke_springer_special.jpg

Unlike most motorized bikes, the Spydyr Byke features a
4-stroke engine and belt drive which provides longer, more
reliable service and better economy than typical 2-stroke
roller-drive units.

Spydyr Bykes average 110+ mpg and have a top speed of 25 mph.
Runs about 2 hours on a tank full!

Michael

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:40:19 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello Ben and listed mopedeers,
>At 17:43 20-6-00 -0700, you wrote:
>>(Please respond direct to Ben, he is not subscribed to the list)
> >>From: Thunders54@aol.com
>>Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:12:26 EDT
>>Subject: About mopeds and the environment
>>and a transit pass. I would like to have some freedom and speed in my

>>transportation, but I don't want the environment to pay for it. So,
my real
> >Then your best bet is to stick to your bicycle. Peddling around on a
>bicycle is somewhat slower, but you don't have to think about your
>environment (unless you fart a lot while biking) and biking has a
healthy
>side effect.
>If you are so interested in keeping your environment clean, I am
somewhat
>curious how you heat your house and what you cook with.
> >>question is: How environmentally friendly are mopeds? I have heard
that they
>>get very good mileage. That is true, right?
> >Right..
>But.. the two-stroke principle used on mopeds is not the cleanest way
to go.
>Big parts of the used mixture of a moped leave the exhaust unburned.
> >>think you could recommend a cheap moped in the US with good emissions
and
>>mileage for urban riding?
> >If you wanted to use an environmental good moped, you'd have to use a
>4-stroke moped.
>These are pretty rare in the US though (aren't they?), and were
produced
>(or distributed) by Indian.
>I don't know if these are cheap, this depends on your personal
financial
>situation and your enthusiasm to buy one anyway.
> >++++ Everybody wants to go to a clean future, but nobody wants to walk
>there ++++
> >Cheers,
> >Hans Hartman
mailing list.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

The PsychomanAE
______ __
|_____|
mailing list.