Web moped2.org

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 07:31:56
Subject: moped trailers
From: Manonbicycle

On my long trip of two summers ago I spent a lot of time just attaching
and detaching my gear for camping. A trailer would have been IDEAL for
the "walk in" campsites at state parks. I could have simply detached a
trailer and walked it to the campsite for easy access to all my gear
while leaving the ped locked to a tree at the edge of the parking lot.
There were big fines some places for having a motorized vehicle at the
walkin site. I got some angry stares from other campers in Illinois on
my way back for even walking the ped into a site that was very close to
an asphalt parking lot.The ranger scolded me but did not write me a
ticket. I think he was a little undereducated on moped laws and I took
advantage of it in our conversation. He did, however , ask that I not
take it into a walk-in campsite in Illinois again and asked where I
would be camping next.
So now to my question. Does anyone know of a trailer that will fit a
Tomos Targa L/X ? That link from a few days ago got me salivating but I
am sure that it was designed for a small circumference tire ped. I have
16" tires.I welcome e-mail of list responses.Thanks , and to you newer
folks: Check out my personal home page to see photos of my trip from
Indianapolis to Devils Tower,Wyoming and back in 1998.

see photos of my long distance moped trip
at
http://community.webtv.net/manonbicycle/MANONBICYCLEWEBTV