Web moped2.org

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:04:15
Subject: Re: Duct Tape
From: Vinnie Chassot

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 Beeeezzed@aol.com wrote:

> hey i havea quick question because my moped just broke down and I need to
> ride it a mile back home, my spark plug thing that hooks to my spark plug
> chipped off, so it will not stay on. if I put duct tape over it, will it melt
> and stay on, thanks a lot

do you mean the little rubber cover or something else?

Anyway, aluminum tape doens't melt, but does conduct, so might be a bad
idea..your best bet might be to go to a good hardware store and check out
what they have as far as tape goes (I don't know of any tape with a good
high melting point that doesn't conduct)

but it might just be easier to push it home, or, if like mine you can
disengage the engine, just pedal it (though I have to admit, 110 pounds
means good moped, but really awful bicycle :) hope it's not a mile up
hill) -- or if you're at a friend's house (how did you send the email?)
maybe leave it there until you have the appropriate part

Vinnie
--
Wise were my fathers | drachen@www.com/drachen@freeshell.org
who carved intricate flowers | the obligatory pathetic webpage can be