Web moped2.org

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:52:40
Subject: Re: Bing Carb Adjustments
From: Art S.

Hunley31,

I have had a number of 70's Puch's over the years with Bing carbs and found it to
be typical of all. Frankly, there is no reason to ever mess with the setting,
unless one was doing a very, very, thorough cleaning. The tolerance is set at the
factory and doesn't usually need to be changed (extreme temp, severe wear and high
altitude are the only reasons you would)

I can't speak for your Batavus, it could be different. All the Batavus mopeds I
have seen (only 3) had Encarwi carbs, but these were Laura M-48 Engines. My guess
is that you have one of the really good ones with the Sachs engine!

LoTec