Web moped2.org

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:03:57
Subject: Re: Squeeky Brakes
From: Hans Hartman

Hello Dave, mopedeers,
At 17:39 16-7-00 -0700, you wrote:
>I just bought a brand new Derbi Predator. It has front disc and rear disc
brakes.
>The back brakes squeek badly all the time. Does anyone know a way to keep
>them from squeeking? I tried taking the pads out and sanding them down a bit,
>but that did not work.

I think the best suggestion so far was to take it to your dealer, you
should have warranty..
If you can't do that for some reason, you should probably check the
vibration plates (Brembo calipers) or grease (LIGHTLY!!) the back side of
the brake-pads which contacts the piston(s). Use copper-grease or
never-seize on alloy base.
This might do the trick.
If that doesn't work, grind off the sharp edges on the brake pads linings.
I must say it is not very wise to tamper around with your brakes unless
you're sure what you are doing..

Cheers,

Hans Hartman