Web moped2.org

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:00:55
Subject: Re: what is the most miles
From: Marko

> can anyone tell me what is a most miles run on a moped? i always keep
hearing 5000 miles to 8000 miles , so i wonder if a moped can go much
farther then this ? i am a hearing impaired man who love moped so i do love
to hear moped story. so thank you all jim.

I know a guy who has a '90 Tomos A35l. It went six years without ANY major
work done and made over 40000 km from '90 to '96. Probably because it was
bought still crated and fortunatelly the dealer "service" shop never touched
it.
I did about 15000 km on my '89 A5 before I crashed it, and when I bought it
used it already had around 8000 km.
If you want a moped to last, do all of the regular maintenance by yourself
and never ever mess with the engine. Mopeds like it that way I guess.

Bye.