Web moped2.org

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:55:11
Subject: Re: ISO 9001,..
From: Robbert

Which brings me to another interesting question- what
> happened to Puch? Did they decide to toss the moped production out and go
> only with military stuff? Anybody up-to-date on Puch in this mailing list?

The puch moped production stopped as said around 1987 and the name was
sold to piago (Italy). They kept the basic maxi model in their range.
Puch is not more then a sticker on a piago moped nowadays. They can
choose per country what model will be sold under the puch or vespa
label. For example, in the Netherlands we had the puch typhoon which was
for sale as vespa typhoon in France.
The cars department still exists together with steyr daimler benz in
chrysler. Only trucks and jeeps are still sold under the name puch
there.

Robbert