Web moped2.org

Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 06:01:20
Subject: Re: question
From: Wisner H Wells

Thanks, Steve. Here is what happened last evening:

My buddy, Neil, called around six to see if I wanted to go for a ride
with he and his girl
friend. We met at “Split Second” gas station and left from there. First
thing I knew we
were doing 45 in a 40 mph area. when we turned on another road we were
doing 45 in a
30 mph. road. Myself, I try to keep the speed limits. I can not afford a
$100 fine. That
was the way it was all the way to one town after another on the back
roads, mostly. First
thing I knew it started to rain and rain hard, we were going the full 55
mph. My glasses
do not have windshield wipers on them. We were still going like there was
no tomorrow.
Finally it cleared up and we headed home. After about 15 miles or so it
started to pour, I
mean blow and did it come down. I pulled under a gas station shelter to
wait it out.
Lightning hit real close and we all jumped. I took my glasses off as I
could see almost as
good without them. They took off the back way and I went the shorter way
on 301. The
rain burned my eyes some. When I got to within two miles of home it
stopped raining and
when I pulled into the park, the road was bone dry. However, I was soaked
through.

Neil has a big bike and it probably was more stble than mine. I did not
call the ride a
ride; it was more like a race. He will probably make fun of me when I
tell him no more
rides. When I go for a ride, I like to see something; stop once in awhile
and look things
over. We were going so fast I had to keep my eyes on the road and could
not see much.

I love my Honda Helix and it goes fast enough for me.

Wes