Web moped2.org

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:15:05
Subject: Newbie seeks info
From: Chuck Smith

Aloha,

I'm thinking about buying my first moped or scooter, probably a used one,
and am seeking general new rider advice. I live in Honolulu where we have
lots of moped rentals, and they all rent Yamaha Razzes. Looks like one shop
will be selling those at the end of the summer for $600-800. Does that
sound like a good deal? The Honda Elites are real popular here, but also
very popular with thieves. There are some used Derbi Manhattans, Sundiros,
and a couple of very cool (but pricey & new) Aprilias at a local dealer. I
wonder about parts & service for the rarer brands.

Any other general advice (or sites you can point me to), such as tips for
riding in rain or heavy traffic (both of which we get here)?

Mahalo ("thanks"),
...Chuck

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html