Web moped2.org

Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 11:46:48
Subject: Re: Fwd: 1965 Sears allstate (Puch MS50) moped parts needed
From: Hans Hartman

Hello fellow mopedeers,
At 20:13 19-8-00 -0700, lifeisshit@webtv.net (still stoned) wrote:

>Hello everyone I recently purchased a Puch MS50 moped model #810.94040 I
>need to find a complete flywheel magneto generator the part number is
>302.2.50.000.0 I haven't had any luck thus far anyone know where I
>might find it? This is the only thing I haven't been able to find,I'm
>almost ready to give up and just cut my losses but it is such a sweet
>ped.....thanks LIS

Puch uses Bosch ignitions, which were used in lots of mopeds. I my
experience, these parts are exchangeble.
To be certain, I got myself a Bosch catalog. The partsnumbers are the same
for Maxi groundplate and coils.
So groundplates whith coils of a Puch Maxi will fit your MS fine. The
flywheel might be different, but chances are it will work well. I suspect
that obtaining a Maxi ignition assembly won't be that difficult.

Good luck, I hope this information will give your life some meaning again..

Cheers,

Hans Hartman (sobered up long time ago)