Web moped2.org

Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:16:55
Subject: Re: Fwd: 1965 Sears allstate (Puch MS50) moped parts needed
From: Kiroja

Hans Hartman wrote:
> > Hello Robbert, rest of the mopedeers; > At 12:16 20-8-00 -0700, you wrote:

> Maybe the flywheel is not interchangeble, but the ignition points are the
> same; all Puch engines use Bosch number 217-013-021.
> The ground plate is the same, the coils are the same, it's just fitted to
> the engine in another position.
> I think the flywheel will work too, because the DS and VS50 uses the same
> 215-254-244 flywheel as the Maxi S.
> If you can tell me in which aspects these flywheels differ from each other
> Robbert, I'll be all ears..

Well I don't know about part numbers, but I have first hand experience
with it. Three of the "not running, dunno why" puchs I bought had a maxi
flywheel. Just put an original on it and they ran perfect.
There's an arrow on the flywheel itself that points in the direction it
is supposed to run. The difference is in the slope the breaker points
glide on. With a maxi flywheel you can never set the timing good. They
will run (most of the time), but very bad.

> So basicly, find yourself a Puch Maxi ignition set and give it a try. If
> you're not able to adjust the timing properly, you'll have to find a
> flywheel which has number 212-112-025. The difference between those
> flywheels will be the length and position of the cam, and the position of
> the magnets.

The maxi ignition set is ofcourse similar. The coils the condensor the
plate, exactly the same.

> PS: Robbert, if you want to look at these Bosch lists you're welcome to do
> so enjoying a mug-o-beer at my place.

I might take you up on that. Seems like you have a lot of interresting
info and stories.

Robbert