Web moped2.org

Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 10:53:45
Subject: off road
From: Manonbicycle

I went off road on my long trip one day. I was returning and was in
western Illinois . The gravel county road I was on did not show on the
map as it did in reality. It dead ended at a 90 degree turn to a farmers
driveway that was about one half a mile long. The dogs at his house
routed me on a tractor path along a fence line that I knew from the map
went generally toward a state road(paved).I rode that rutted grassy path
through various fields for over two miles before it dumped me out under
a billboard onto the paved road. I had to walk it over some rough
intersections with other tractor paths. It was hot, humid and the bugs
were trying to fly and crawl their way into my mouth ears and eyes.I did
enjoy the smooth and gradual downhill of a hay field and its wonderful
view for a time.

see photos of my long distance moped trip
at
http://community.webtv.net/manonbicycle/MANONBICYCLEWEBTV