Web moped2.org

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:57:50
Subject: Re: '85 Honda Spree Throttle Problem
From: Nigel Marx

You are right to suspect the thottle slide is jammed up. The slide could
well be 180deg out ie back to front. There is usually a small pin inside the
carb that matches into a groove cut into the slide. If you have it back to
front, the pin holds the slide up. There is a cutaway at the bottom of the
slide; a sloping angle. This always facing the air filter. When the slide
goes back into the carb body, your should hear a clunk as it reaches the
bottom, and the slide should be well out of sight.
And don't start the engine until you get it right. A runaway two-stroke can
go diesel on you and you will not be able to stop it by shutting off the
spark. Don't ask me how I know. It's not a pretty sight or sound to hear a
500cc two-stroke with the rev counter needle right round to Nippon-Denso.

Regards

Nigel in NZ

--"Have you hugged you bike today?"--