Web moped2.org

Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:54:46
Subject: RE: hero/puch???
From: John J. Carpenter

Taylor,

Talking about safe you remind me of a trip
I took on my ten speed French bicycle from
Boston to Toronto in five days (630 miles).
I was coming down a mountain hill in upstate
New York one morning. I kept going faster
and faster when I realized even if I wanted
to stop I couldn't. The bike vibrated and the
wind in the wheel spokes made a loud whirring
sound. Suddenly a trailer truck came up beside
me and stayed with me awhile.

Later ( about an hour later) I stopped at a
Diner for coffee and a truck driver came over
to me and said he was the one beside me on the
road. He told me I was doing 55 mile per hour.

Best,
Jack Carpenter

Working Dog Real Estate
28 State Street, Suite 11