Web moped2.org

Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 07:07:19
Subject: Re: Info on Tomos sprockets, exhausts and Motobecane & Garelli parts
From: StevesMoped@aol.com

Dear Mike:
The Tomos mopeds are internally geared a little on the low side to begin
with. That is why the rear sprocket is so small you really cant put a smaller
sprocket on the rear wheel or the chain will hit the rear hub. So to get a
higher gear ratio (for more top speed) you can add a larger front sprocket.
If you add the Bi-Turbo exhaust system you are increasing the the engines
horsepower and torque (pulling power) therefore the loss in acceleration will
be somewhat offset by motor making more power. The header pipe on the stock
A35 (reed valve engines also known as A5) is purposely made to be restrictive
of a very small diameter and is S shaped to cut the engines horsepower for
the USA market. If you look at the earlier Tomos A3 (non reed valve engine)
you will see that the exhaust system is a large bore header tube and a
straight thru design as the non reed valve motor did not produce as much
power therefore a less restrictive stock factory exhaust. We have proven
results on thousands of Tomos Mopeds. We have built some prototype exhaust
systems and should have some final production and new products available next
year. We have plenty of Tomos parts and mopeds in stock.
Just a note, a really hard to find item back in stock the original French
Motobecane and Garelli (Huret) speedometer cables for mopeds.
Best regards:
The Parts and Service Department
Steve's Moped & Bicycle World Inc.
40 Park Avenue Dumont NJ 07628
Main Mega Store: ph(201)384-7777 fAX(201)384-7831
Dumont Store Hours: Mon. and Fri. 10:30am-7pm Tues. & Thurs. Till 8pm
Wed. till 5pm Sat. 9:30 to 5pm E-MAIL MOPEDMOPED@AOL.COM
WEB ADDRESS WWW: STEVESMOPED.COM
.