Web moped2.org

Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:48:35
Subject: Re: Info on Tomos sprockets, exhausts and Motobecane & Garelli
From: Hans Hartman

Hello Steve rest of the mopedeers,
At 07:07 6-10-00 -0700, you wrote:

>be somewhat offset by motor making more power. The header pipe on the
stock
>A35 (reed valve engines also known as A5) is purposely made to be
restrictive
>of a very small diameter and is S shaped to cut the engines horsepower for
>the USA market. If you look at the earlier Tomos A3 (non reed valve engine)

This type of pipe is used on the European continent too.
Are there any larger front sprockets available in US? To my knowledge, it
is pretty hard to fit anything larger then 26 teeth on any Tomos..

>you will see that the exhaust system is a large bore header tube and a
>straight thru design as the non reed valve motor did not produce as much
>power therefore a less restrictive stock factory exhaust. We have proven
>results on thousands of Tomos Mopeds. We have built some prototype exhaust

When we fit the old type -straight- exhaust pipe, the 45 km version does
55-60 Km easy.

>systems and should have some final production and new products available
next
>year.

Why invent what is already available in huge masses?
Proma, Tecno and Tecnigas amongst others produce replacement expansion
pipes for these models for ages.

>Just a note, a really hard to find item back in stock the original French
>Motobecane and Garelli (Huret) speedometer cables for mopeds.

These are available here. Depends on the type and length tho. Further more
there are differences in thickness of the inner cable, some use thick-thick
some thick-thin, the thick end always for the speedometer.

Cheers,

Hans Hartman