Web moped2.org

Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:51:03
Subject: Re: Motobecane carb troubles
From: Brad Dudenhoffer

I had the same problem with my '78 Sachs. I pulled the carb and the gas tank
and gave them a good cleaning and then replaced the fuel lines and filter
and haven't had the problem since. When you clean the gas tank make sure you
use muriatic acid to kill the rust and then run plenty of soap and water and
then just water through it. Good luck.
VWtechie

Does anyone recommend using fuel dryer(Heat) in the winter?

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never
were and ask why not."
—George Bernard Shaw

http://profiles.msn.com.