Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:08:11
Subject: Re: Fwd: 1965 Sears allstate (Puch MS50) moped parts needed
From: Peter Staal

> Hallo Hans and Robert the number on my flywheel is
> 0212125001LM/URC1/11627/5L1 and there is indeed an arrow indicating
> direction.I tried what was purported to be an ignition coil from a maxi
> and it looked totally unlike mine.In my manual which is original it has
> MS/ST/V/50/5 ON GENERATOR PAGE I'm assuming these are the models with
> same ignitions.

I'm kind of hoping to keep tis ped as original as
> possible.thanks joe

hi Joe,
in that case, lets look at the real problem..
all coils are blown out you say. and you still have brakerpoints and
groundplate..
are all coils shortcutted?
have you taken em out to check on an ohm tester?(check on blank wire ends
and connection 'eyes' !)
did it shortcut to the coil core?
or no connection from the wires at all?
(have some contacts overheated? did the resin and the tin separate at the
wire ends... that could be all- reheat and add fresh tin at the connections,
make sure you have contact)

the most simple way to repair it is to rewind them.. they sell transformator
wire on the role at a radio shack, or you can use and old transformator to
gain the copper wire. make sure the isolation is still in tact. use the same
diameter or slightly thicker copper wire to replace the old ones, and
(important) use as many windings as came off. (and on the ignition coil, use
the same winding 'formula' as was on.). i guess you still have an open coil
type , the puch maxi plastic covered coil could have fit maybe despite its
'new' look :).

peter